Friday, July 20, 2012

A Little Creativy Never Hurts!

Photo Found on Google

Royal Oak has a really fun atmosphere with different types of shops and entertainment. One of my favorite places to go in Royal Oak is Creative Art Studio. This is a great place to take kids (it can get some what pricey) and let them have free expression.  Creative Arts Studio is located at 114 W. 4th Street, Royal Oak, MI 48067.


With that said, I’ll be honest. I’ve never taken Makayla. It has become tradition that my friends and I go around my birthday. Saturday nights after 6 PM is considered adult night. You’re allowed to bring in glasses and bottles of wine or your favorite beers.  Sometimes parents are there with their children, but they do let them know that there is a possibility of people drinking.  

                                    They have many different things that you can do here:
                                                                Pottery Painting
                                                                Mosaics
                                                                Glass Fusing
                                                                Beading
                                                                Hand Wax
                                                                PMC Clay
                                                                Wheel Throwing
                                                                Raku Work Shop
                                                                Hand-Build with Clay

I’ve only ever done the pottery painting. The cost includes an $8 studio fee, which allows you to use all their paints, brushes and they fire it in the kiln.  You pick a piece off the wall and those prices range from $5.00-$40.00. It all depends on what type of project you want to do. They have figurines, blank plates, salt and pepper shakers, banks, tea pots.  They also have holiday themed pottery; Halloween, Christmas etc. 
The last time I went, I painted a Cupcake Jar! Here are some pictures of it! :)



I do plan to take my step daughter to this establishment one day, but I do like my nights out with the girls doing my own thing every now and again.

If you like tea, go across the street to Goldfish Tea. They have a large selection, and a pot will only run you about $5.00 or so. And you can continue to steep it over and over. It’s a really unique shop and you can purchase tea sets there! J

http://creativeartsstudios.com/    Photos are personal unless noted

No comments:

Post a Comment