Monday, August 13, 2012

Gettin' Creative at little to no cost!



When you have something up your sleeve or if you just need a nice place to go, George George Memerial Park is a nice place to go! (You can even get married there.. and the ice cream truck comes!) 

George George Memorial Park is located at 40500 Moravian Drive, Clinton Twp, 48036. This park was officially presented to the Township with a dedication ceremony on Tuesday, July 1, 2008 at 11:00am. 


A large children’s play area and playscape, a covered public pavilion for picnics and other community gatherings, a fountain plaza area and more than 5,000 feet of walking and bike paths are all featured in this 30 acre park.(Clinton township website, see link below)

Sometimes kids get tired of the same o’l same o’l so you kind of have to get creative. I wanted to something special for Fathers Day and for the last day of school for Makayla. I decided to combine my need to do something that involved taking pictures and wanting to take her somewhere special so that it would save me time and money.  For Fathers Day, I wanted to take three photos of Makayla and frame them. I had her hold the three different words in three pictures. I   heart    You.  I wanted something special from her that was also creative. It turned out really nice. I had a frame at home and we just took the pictures. She loves being photographed and of course dressing up really girly!

Fathers Day Gift
After we finished up with the photos, I let her play on the playground. George George park is a REALLY clean park and people really treat the park with care. The equipment is safe and clean and the people were friendly. Makayla loves playing and I enjoy watching her release her energy. It was the first day of summer break for her.  






After we were finished I took her to Biggby Coffee for a treat. I figured she’d want a frozen hot chocolate, but she wanted a warm hot chocolate even though it was a hot day! Bigby coffee is a Michigan coffee shop, that gives you the option of getting every drink hot, cold, or frozen. It’s a really nice option to be able to have your favorite drinks during all types of weather. I like that option but I also like that they’re a Michigan founded company. Their prices are comparable to Starbucks. The experience is a bit different, they always have 4-5 different flavored coffee brewed and the atmosphere isn’t as businessish as Starbucks. Biggby also has a reward card, buy 12 drinks get the 13th free. And they send you coupons for 1.00 off in your email.

I enjoy doing things with Makayla whether its something simple like going to the park, or something extravagant like going to Disney on Ice. She brings something new to each and every day and I want her to be able to remember the different things that her father and I do with her.
This is my last post for this class, but I believe I may keep up with this blog to continue to write about different things that we do together. I can’t wait to tell her different memories when she gets older.  



http://www.clintontownship-mi.gov/RecreationInformation/FacilitiesRentals/WeddingsPhotoOpportunities/tabid/793/Default.aspx

http://www.biggby.com


All pictures of George George Park were found on Google

No comments:

Post a Comment